Conditional Mood (definition)
Conditional mood indicates a contingent situation, or in some circumstances counterfactual (counter to fact) situations. In English, conditionals are often indicated with if.
- I wonder if John likes apples.
- If Dan comes, I'm leaving
- If I hadn't seen him, he would have escaped.
- Had I known, I wouldn't have done that.
Note: Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and often pages are vandalized or uninformed, So be careful with any links posted below!
- Matthews, P. H. (1997) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.