Difference between revisions of "Phrase (definition)"
From Scottish Gaelic Grammar Wiki
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 19:36, 1 December 2009
A phrase is a group of words that functions as a unit in the context of a sentence. Usually each phrase has a central word called the head, and a series of modifiers.
- Noun Phrase (definition)
- Verb Phrase (definition)
- Adjective Phrase (definition)
- Prepositional Phrase (definitions)
- Adverb Phrase (definitions)
- Crystal, David. (1997) A Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics. Oxford, UK: Blackwell.
- Carnie, Andrew (2006) Syntax: A Generative Introduction. Malden: Wiley-Blackwell.