A (infinitive marker)
From Scottish Gaelic Grammar Wiki
shows up as a possessive pronoun when there is a pronominal object
- lenites consonants other than f:
- Is toigh leam an dorus a dhùnadh
- with f, lenition happens but a disappears:
- Is toigh leam an duine fhaicinn
- with vowels the particle disappears
- Is toigh leam am bainne òl
The links below takes you away from the Gaelic Wiki to Wikipedia. Since wikipedia pages can be edited by anyone, they often contain inaccurate information. So be careful!
- MacDonald, J.A. (1976) Gàidhlig Bheo. National Extension College.