Dative Case (definition)
Dative case refers to the form a noun takes when it is governed by certain prepositions (the majority of prepositions in Gaelic in fact).
- Case (definition)
- Nominative Case (definition)
- Accusative Case (definition)
- Genitive Case (definition)
- Forming the Dative Case
Note: Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and often pages are vandalized or uninformed, So be careful with any links posted below!
- Crystal, D. (2008) Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics. 6th Edition. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Matthews, P. H. (1997) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.