Sentence Type (definition)
Sentence type refers to the communicative function of a sentence. Sentences can be declarative and express a particular statement or proposition. They can be interrogative and be a request for information, they can be orders (imperatives), or even exclamations of opinion.
- Imperative Mood (definition)
- Declarative (definition)
- Interrogative (definition)
- Exclamation (definition)
- Negation (definition)
The links below takes you away from the Gaelic Wiki to Wikipedia. Since wikipedia pages can be edited by anyone, they often contain inaccurate information. So be careful!
- Carnie, A. (2013) Syntax: A Generative Introduction. 3rd Edition. Wiley Blackwell.
- Crystal, D. (2008) Dictionary of Linguistics and Phonetics. 6th Edition. Wiley-Blackwell.
- Matthews, P. H. (1997) The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Linguistics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.